jueves, 26 de marzo de 2009

Fragment of "Cigarettes and Coffee"

They are in silence for some seconds, looking away. Valentine gives a drag.
RICHARD
Hey, Valentine... Do you think one can run out of tears?
VALENTINE
What?
RICHARD
Yeah, if our tears can finish.
VALENTINE
I don’t think so. Why are you asking me that?
RICHARD
Because I’m worried about my grandmother. She told me that she
can not cry anymore because she ran out of tears. And she needs
to cry.
VALENTINE
She told you that?
RICHARD
Yeah, and she feels like crying but she can not.
VALENTINE
Wow... Maybe the very old people can not cry.
Valentine gives another drag.
RICHARD
But my grandfather can.
VALENTINE
Maybe it’s just your grandmother. Has she cried a lot during
her life?
RICHARD
Yeah, I think so.
VALENTINE
Oh, so probably this is the reason.
Valentine gives a drag.
RICHARD
Yeah, probably.
They are in silence some seconds.
VALENTINE
I feel bad for her.
Richard takes Valentine’s cigarette and gives a drag.

2 comentarios:

Unknown dijo...

It's been like years haven't stop by your blog. I'm really sensitive these days. I wanted to ask you permission to reproduce some fragments of Cigarettes and coffee in my new blog but I think I don't need it hehehe. That vignete is my favorite. Besides the evident, i think it represents the spirit of the whole project!

Seee you!!!

Unknown dijo...

btw, is not dangerous to publish it?? what if someone stole it?? hahaha like our forgotten script in that L.A. hotel??